Monday, June 29, 2009
Cinnamon Granola w/Coconut
This is a great granola recipe. If you have never made your own granola I strongly suggest you give it a try- I promise you won't regret it!
It's great on yogurt, as a cereal, on top of ice cream or with fruit. It is so much less expensive to make yourself.
8 cups rolled oats
2 T Cinnamon
2 Cups flaked unsweetened Coconut
½ Cup Raw Sesame Seeds
½ Cup Golden Flax Seed
¼ Cup Cornmeal
½ Cup Raw Wheat Germ
1 ½ Cups Light Brown Sugar
½ Cup Water
1 Cup Oil
2 teaspoons Vanilla
Nuts are a great option
If you want to add raisins do so after it has cooled.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine first seven ingredients.
2. Combine brown sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add oil to the vanilla.
3. Pour syrup mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to coat. Grease two 10x15-inch jelly roll pans and pour half of the granola in each pan, spreading evenly (do not press down though!)
4. Bake at 275 for 60-70 minutes until lightly browned and toasted (not burnt!)
5. Cool in pans on wire racks. Using a spatula flip granola in large chunks after 10 mins of cooling. When completely cooled store in airtight container or Ziplock bag.
I add nuts before baking and sometimes raisins afterwards.